Emily Griffith High School provides pathways for students who choose to pursue their high school diploma or GED and post-secondary goals. An authentic curriculum, flexible scheduling, small class sizes, and robust social/emotional support serve as a springboard for students to demonstrate competency in courses while having the opportunity to simultaneously engage in college, career, and technical education programs.
What We believe
- All students have dignity and worth.
- All students have the right to be served by the school counseling program
- The school counseling program shall be evaluated on stated goals and related student competencies
- The school counseling program should be consistent with expected developmental stages of learning.
- School counseling program activities shall be planned and coordinated by the counseling staff.
- All students’ ethnic, cultural, and racial differences and special needs are considered in the planning and implementation of the school counseling program.
- The school counseling program will utilize community resources.
- The school counseling program shall be managed by state-certified, master’s degree-level counselors.
- All students should have access to a school counselor to discuss academic, career, and personal/social concerns.
- The student and parent(s) are responsible for monitoring the student’s educational progress with the assistance of a professional school counselor.
- An ongoing program of counselor competency training/retraining is necessary to maintain a quality school counseling program.
- Professional mandates and guidelines proposed by the national and state counselors associations will continue to set standards for the school counseling program.
- All counselors abide by the professional ethics of guidance and counseling as advocated by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA).
What We Do
EGHS Counselors offer a variety of services to promote growth and success to students in the follow areas:
- Academic Development
- Personal and Social Development
- Career Development
For more detailed information on what we address within those areas, please click here.
EGHS Counselors WANT to get to know each and every student and have the ability to do so with smaller student “caseloads”. We all commit to having open door policies and will do our best to individualize our work with students to meet their needs. We recognize the uniqueness of each student, that each has their own potential for success in their future and we hope to be a part of helping them find the pathway to that future!
So students… please come see us for more than just a schedule change or turning in a credit slip!! We want to support you in any way you entrust us to!