Ways To Get Started!
Not sure what career path you want? Explore!
- Use the tools on Naviance: connection.naviance.com/egos; username: DPS ID number; password: 6 digit birthday, ex: 012199.
- On Naviance, click on “careers” and take career assessments such as the career interest profiler and “do what you are” surveys.
- My Next Move has allows you to browse careers and find jobs that fit your personality and skill; http://www.mynextmove.org.
- College in Colorado also allows you to see what majors prepare you for certain careers: www.CICColoradoASSET.org
- Trade Schools in Colorado: https://www.best-trade-schools.net/locations/colorado/
Research colleges to create a list of schools that are a good fit for you!
- On Naviance, click on “Supermatch college search” to complete a survey that will give you a list of schools fitting your chosen criteria – this is great if you are looking out of state!
- Add colleges to the “Colleges I am Applying to” list in the Colleges Tab.
- Sign up for Admissions Reb Visits in the Future Center by clicking on “colleges”, “upcoming visits” and “sign up”.
- College Boards is a great website for searching for colleges, and checking admissions requirements: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/college-search.
Search for scholarships!
- On Naviance, click on “scholarship match” or “scholarship search”.
- The Denver Scholarship Foundation has a scholarship database organized by deadline! http://denverscholarship.org/
- Or try: www.scholarships.com or add the scholly app to your phone!
- FAFSA Checklist: This document provides a list of everything you need to complete your FAFSA.
- FAFSA Cheat Sheet: This document provides step by step help in completing your FAFSA.
- Institutional Scholarship Handout This document provides scholarships information for various schools around the state.